As we celebrate Mother’s Day around the world, we recognize that this year’s celebration will be a little different.
Nonetheless, we do not want to miss the opportunity to shower our beloved mothers, even if it’s in the comfort of our own home.
While there are many different ways to celebrate mom, we believe food is the key to anyone’s heart—so we would like to share an easy gnocchi recipe from our Executive Chef Paolo della Corte that can impress the most discerning foodies.
We’d love to see how you make this recipe your own by sharing your dish and tagging us using #NobuatHome. Don’t forget to follow along on our social at @NobuLosCabos for more at-home activities.
Potato Gnocchi (8 servings)
- 5 large potatoes
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- Teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Boil the potatoes until tender.
- Allow the potatoes to cool a little, peel the skin off, and mash until lumps are gone.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean surface or wooden chopping board, and spread the mashed potatoes, half of the flour, eggs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Start mixing very smoothly and slowly from the bottom to the top, and knead the dough as you carefully add the rest of the flour as needed.
- Place the dough in a large bowl, and cover with a kitchen cloth.Then grab portions of the dough and roll in a long tube shape.
- Sprinkle more flour on your surface, and cut the dough in small 1 inch cubes.
- Sprinkle flour on the bottom of a tray, and arrange the gnocchi on the tray.
- You can either freeze the dough to cook later, or can cook right away. To cook, bring salted water to a boil then drop the gnocchi one by one.
- Remove the gnocchi when you see that they float to the top, and toss in the basil pesto sauce.
Basil Pesto Sauce (8 servings)
- 5 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of toasted walnuts, almond or pine nuts
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese*
- 1 garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of Black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 ice cubes
* For a vegan option, replace ½ cup of cheese with an additional ½ cup of walnuts, and add an extra pinch of salt.
- Bring water to a boil and add the basil for 30 seconds only. Remove from the water, and add to ice water. Squeeze well to eliminate any bitterness.
- Place basil in a blender with the rest of the ingredients, and blend until you get a smooth and creamy texture. Add ice cubes one minute after blending to prevent sauce from turning dark.
- Store in a well-covered refrigerator for up to 15 days.