PROTOCOLS, PROCEDURES, AND PREVENTIVE MEASURES
At Nobu Hotels the health and safety of our guests and team members is paramount. For over 25 years we have proudly served our guests the highest quality product in an exceptionally sanitary environment as you would only expect with raw fish headlining our menu.
We now find ourselves in a new world due to COVID-19. As we move forward and begin to welcome our guests and team members back to our hotels and restaurants, the journey will be further tailored with precautionary hygiene protocols directed by the local health organizations and government authorities within each of our destinations. You are our family, and we remain resolute in striving to continually provide to you our Nobu guest experience through our heartfelt kokoro service.
At Nobu Hotel Los Cabos we have implemented the following precautionary measures, in accordance with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local and national health authorities:
1. Guest & Employee Health: Antibacterial hand-sanitizing stations will be placed throughout all areas of the hotel, with additional signage throughout back-of-house and guest areas reminding everyone of important health and hygiene protocols such as handwashing and physical distancing. Physical contact will be minimized as much as possible, and we will continue to provide an onsite 24/7 doctor to provide medical assistance as needed.
2. Employee Protocols: All of our staff have received thorough training on our enhanced protocols, in addition to training on identifying any flu or virus-like symptoms and following a firm procedure on reporting to a medical official. Staff will also continue to receive training on global standards of sanitation set forth by third parties such as Ecolab and Cristal Standards. In addition to ongoing training, employees will be closely monitored for any symptoms (including a temperature reading) on a daily basis, and will be required to wear the appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment) based on their roles and responsibilities.
3. Cleaning Protocols and Sanitation: We use cleaning products such as Ecolab and standards that meet EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne and bloodborne pathogens. We have increased the frequency of deep-cleaning and disinfecting all common areas, public spaces and guest rooms (in addition to back of house areas) with an emphasis on high-contact surfaces such as front desk check-in counters, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys and locks, ATMs, handrails, tables, gym equipment, dining surfaces, seating areas, pool chairs and more.
4. Physical Distancing: Guests and employees are instructed to practice physical distancing by standing six feet away from other groups who are not traveling with them; this includes while standing in lines, waiting for elevators (including limited capacity), or walking throughout the hotel. Additionally, furniture placement throughout all common areas and back-of-house has been rearranged to allow for increased spacing, including redesigned layouts for meetings and events.
5. Guest Experience: Every step of the guest journey has its own set of defined protocols that will ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and employees, while maintaining the level of service that you have come to expect. This includes our in-house transfer company, luggage disinfection, non-invasive temperature readings via a thermal camera, a pristine check-in process, strictly enforced hygiene practices and physical distancing throughout the spa, salon, fitness center, pool and beach areas and more.
6. F&B: We will continue to reinforce our internationally recognized methods of identifying and managing food safety related risk, including Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), and adhering to strict global brand standards in addition to third-party standards such as Cristal Standards. Select services have been modified, while in-room dining will now be contactless.
We continue to review the cancellation policy based on the latest updates from the global & local authorities. To provide you with further peace of mind, if you book your hotel stay through April 30, for travel until December 17, 2021, you may change your hotel stay dates up to 24 hours prior to arrival with no penalty for travel up to December 18th, 2021 (a difference in rates may apply, this is subject to availability).
If you are traveling from a country that has implemented a government travel restriction to our destination, please contact your booking source to discuss options. If you request a refund and your booked rate applies to it, please consider that due to the current situation it may take 45 days or more. We will attend each request in the order it has been received.
We hope this policy provides you with comfort, whether you book your hotel stay with us or your preferred travel provider.
For all contracted Social or Corporate Group travel, please contact your Sales Manager or Global Sales contact, so that we can discuss the best possible opportunity for all parties concerned.
As we continue to closely monitor this developing situation, we will keep you informed with your safety and wellbeing at the forefront of everything we do. You may continue to check this page’s website for any further updates.
We thank you for your continued patience and trust, and we look forward to welcoming you to Nobu Hotel Los Cabos.
Contact us via email or phone number. Please consider that waiting times at our Call Center are long due to high traffic.