One of the experiences you must live in Los Cabos is whale watching, it is an unforgettable spectacle, where these impressive mammals leave the sea to jump into the air and return to the water.
We share with you all the information and some curious facts you should know if you want to witness the whales in Cabo San Lucas.
1. Whale season starts in January and lasts until April.
2. The type of whales that arrive every year in Baja California Sur are the Gray Whale, the massive Humpback Whale and the Blue Whale.
3. The reason why humpback whales leap is to make a major noise outside the ocean. This noise helps them to communicate across large distances. If you do whale watching you will definitely get to see this amazing natural show.
4. Whales travel approximately 6,000 miles from the Bering Sea in Alaska to the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean
5. The reason these immense aquatic mammals migrate to Mexico is to mate, give birth and care for their offspring.
6. Gray whales measure 13 ft at birth and as adults reach 45 ft, weighing up to 36 tons. They live between 50 and 70 years.
You can experience whale watching by taking one of the best tours that is perfect to capture your best photos in this one-of-a-kind adventure. If you’re here during whale season, don’t miss it!
*Please consider this is a seasonal tour only available during whale season.