Malibu Farm boasts simple farm-to-table dining that is fresh, organic and locally-sourced whenever possible. Bright and airy, the Los Cabos and Miami Beach outposts of Chef Helene Henderson’s Californian restaurant, reflects the original Malibu location’s vibe – the epitome of laid-back chic. From the vegan coconut tofu to the grass-fed burger, the menu is sure to satisfy flavor-seekers.
If you’re looking to shake things up in the kitchen, we’ve got just the recipe for you. Chef Helene’s Mashed Potatoes are a staple at Malibu Farm restaurants. They are a true farm-to-table dish with a comfort food flare and will make the perfect side to go with your favorite entree.
We’d love to see how you make this recipe your own by sharing your dish and tagging us using #NobuatHome. Don’t forget to follow along on our social at @NobuLosCabos for more at-home activities.
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3 large Broccoli florets
- Cook your potatoes in boiling, salted water until just soft.
- Dry the potatoes and return the drained potatoes to the hot pan, and stir over heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- Then push the potatoes through a ricer and into a standing mixer.
- Blend in the stick of butter and 1/2 cup of the cream.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Boil or steam your broccoli until just done and still bright green; try not to overcook.
- Drain and put the broccoli into a food processor, along with the remaining 1/2 cup cream, until finely chopped.
- Stir the broccoli and the potatoes together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy as a side dish with your favorite entree.